So you want to roast your own coffee? You’re in luck and great company! Roasting your own beans is a straightforward process. It’s simple to start and can take a lifetime (or a good number of roasts) to perfect.
With some green beans from Fussy Beans Coffee Co., you too can freshly roast coffee in as little or as large a quantity as you wish.
Green beans can be roasted in a variety of ways using a variety of methods:
- Popcorn maker – A standard popcorn maker can be used to pop about a half cup of green beans in about 5 or 6 minutes
- Cast iron frying pan – A cast iron pan can be used to roast beans on your stove top in about 10 or 15 minutes depending on the bean type and the heat applied
- Oven – You can use your oven; any standard oven will do using a temperature of about 450 degrees fahrenheit
- Table top air roaster – You can purchase small volume air roasters from Greenbeanery here. They range from about an 1/8th pound volume up to a 1 pound roaster which work excellently for the average home roaster
- The sky is the limit – you could likely roast beans in a sun oven as well if you were adventurous 🙂
Stay tuned for links to posts on how to roast using each of these methods!